GoneDragRacing.com

Top Notch Drag Racing Event Coverage Across the Northeast

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Old street racing stories........
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:05 pm 
60ft

I also remember that spot on delaware ave, back by the railroad tracks. I went back there one night with my chevelle or el camino and watched a super nice hugger orange 69 Z-28 make a few runs. That car was sweet. I think it ran with the latino crowd because there was a shitload of them that hung out back there and I always seen that Z back there. It had center lines on it if I remember correctly. Good running car........

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:45 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:45 pm 
Eigth mile

tire fryer wrote:
MagicRatt wrote:
The one thing I wished I had done was try to pop a few instamatic shots during my days downtown. Tons of muscle cars, sunoco 94 for a 1.20 a gallon, eating at the doggy diner. Great memories......

i REMEMBER the doggy dinner (where tony lukes is now) 2 cheese dogs for 1.29 awesome, also remember white castle waiting in line for ever, for a mouthful little burger

I remeber all the cars in trailers under the bridge there. They would pull them out, do a quick run and back in the box..

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:52 pm 
Eigth mile

makinchips wrote:
and across the street from the doggy diner was a Roy Rogers where the trailered cars would hang.
My friend had a buddy there with a
70's Camaro Black gold motion stripe BBC & tunnel ram with a 4 spd. Car musta turned 7800rpm when the guy ran it down on delaware ave 5.38 rear.
That was around 1981 I think.

I'm pretty sure that is the same guy i ran in the 70 Chevelle on front st, He crashed the camaro and put the drivetrain in the chevelle and painted it to match. Smashed the chevelle the night i ran him.

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:49 pm 
Quarter mile

super nice hugger orange 69 Z-28 would that camaro have a "hugger plate on the front of it LMAO if so!! Been so longggggg since ive seen it around maybe it stlill hangs with that crowd?????

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:07 pm 
60ft

Anyone from the warminster area remember hangin' out in rickles parking lot on friday and saturday nights?? I can remember getting a ride with a friend(I was only 15) that had a 70 chevelle with a 307/350 auto trans. Car was slow as hell but the tennent chicks loved it!! That lot would fill up nicely with all kinds of muscle from the area. 1980 to be exact. Everyone would chill out for a while then shoot down past the old face off circle heading toward warrick twsp. We all would stop on york road and line 'em up for a quick run. I witnessed my first street race there and can remember my pulse rate skyrocketing. All I could say was "Holy shit this is cool"!!

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:21 pm 
Quarter mile

rickles i remember grants before that! i would go shopping with my dad at pathmark then we'd stop in that lot n check it out! I rember a 68 road runner dark green in color.

**How bout when the cops in philly couldn't handle the crowd they'd open the fire hydrants full tilt,what a waste of water back then,free car wash!**

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:37 pm 
60ft

On more than one occasion I would drive down to front street only to find that the street was flooded out!! Then drive back up to the meadows and hang for a while. I raced there one time with my camaro and hit that damn speed bump. Never raced there again......just spectated...........

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:55 am 
330ft

somewhere around 1998 -1999 sunday the blvd closed long enough to attempt to run a out of town 280 z bbc vs vega wagon, the race later happening in front of the prison, both cars dead hooking on the street...

or the green lx vert from best buy vs sick ass trailered challenger on woodhaven

etc etc etc

1988 Mustang LX sbf ladder bar
1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:43 pm 
60ft

RT's 69 camaro vs. the white T on woodhaven.........not sure of the year

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:45 pm 
60ft

tire fryer wrote:
rickles i remember grants before that! i would go shopping with my dad at pathmark then we'd stop in that lot n check it out! I rember a 68 road runner dark green in color.

**How bout when the cops in philly couldn't handle the crowd they'd open the fire hydrants full tilt,what a waste of water back then,free car wash!**

damn, I think I remember that green road runner. the dude lived off horsham rd. I think his first name was bill...........

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:36 pm 
Quarter mile

YEAH i know it was from horsham sweet car at that time.

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:13 pm 
Quarter mile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47AVibt7eps both cars busted at end by cop told them to get lost! night before they raced 422 in pottstown duster chevy powered broke,someone opened their shop in the middle of night to fixx it

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:59 pm 
60ft

Captain hook baby! I remember that like it was yesterday! lol

355 CAMARO wrote:
When the Jersey boys would come over on Sunday nights! I remember when a certain blue hatchback with blower on it came over looking for a run. Out of all the cars at our spot he wanted to run my little small block with a flat tappet cam and a set of fuelie heads and 125 jets in. So I say F it lets do it. I think he was on a DR I was on a set of used ETstreets. We do our burnouts and get ready we are running from a red light so we both start coming up on the converters when the cross traffic gets the yellow light... then green light we go my car hooked so hard the rear view mirror flew off the windshield and hit me in the face lol I probably had 2 cars on him at 60' and was able to hold him off till the overpass (1320) the race was over only a few seconds and my cell phone was already ringing its was N20capri (Mike) calling me flipping out saying dude that was awesome!!!! the front tires were up!!!! We reran going south with the same result. One other time I was going home it was late and this Yellow 911 turbo pulls up to me at a light on the Blvd. He has his girl with him so just in case I arm the spray. Not sure if he is going to race the light turns green so i don't go well this Porsche takes off like like it was shot out of a cannon! I was like holy shit that thing is fast! So we catch the next light (where the tower records was) and its on... we go and he instantly has 3 cars on me... 2nd gear I pull him to one car by 3rd gear I have him by a fender. We come up to the next light and he was pissed lol. Awesome topic Rich!

http://www.mikemartinelli.com

Custom center caps, vinyl decals racing #'s etc
http://www.baldguydesigns.net

Want your car on a T-shirt? - CLICKY CLICKY

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:13 pm 
60ft

Ed remember almost making that wrong turn at the circle? lol I think that was the same night we got pulled over right? lol Oh man I have so many stories...

I was in my Capri and there was a 2-tone T-type (Dark Gray and Black) I pulled up next to at a light. License plate said "SOSLO50". He was with his buddy acting all cocky - didn't look over or acknowledge or anything...we both launched and I smoked him. So much for his personalized plate! lol

Another time I pulled up next to a Ferrari and the dude had 2 chicks in the passengers seat! lol. We took off and I beat him by a nose but he didn't seem to care...the look on his face was "You may have beat me but I still got 2 hot chicks in my car!" lol

Favorite one was waiting to turn on the the blvd at the light at Comly and up pulls a red 95 Cobra with loud exhaust. It's the spot where once you turn south onto the blvd, you always catch that next light...we nod because we both knew that. Well at that next light we both get the revs up and I hear his girl start yelling something like "you better not race" - well he raced...lol. At the next light she did NOT look happy.

I remember watching a certain green 5.0 vert wicked launch on the blvd and slip and slide sideways in the middle of the street...Oh man that was the craziest thing I think I've ever seen!

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:13 pm 
60ft

MagicRatt wrote:
RT's 69 camaro vs. the white T on woodhaven.........not sure of the year

Missed that one Rich who won?

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:17 pm 
60ft

n20capri wrote:
Ed remember almost making that wrong turn at the circle? lol I think that was the same night we got pulled over right? lol Oh man I have so many stories...

I was in my Capri and there was a 2-tone T-type (Dark Gray and Black) I pulled up next to at a light. License plate said "SOSLO50". He was with his buddy acting all cocky - didn't look over or acknowledge or anything...we both launched and I smoked him. So much for his personalized plate! lol

Another time I pulled up next to a Ferrari and the dude had 2 chicks in the passengers seat! lol. We took off and I beat him by a nose but he didn't seem to care...the look on his face was "You may have beat me but I still got 2 hot chicks in my car!" lol

Favorite one was waiting to turn on the the blvd at the light at Comly and up pulls a red 95 Cobra with loud exhaust. It's the spot where once you turn south onto the blvd, you always catch that next light...we nod because we both knew that. Well at that next light we both get the revs up and I hear his girl start yelling something like "you better not race" - well he raced...lol. At the next light she did NOT look happy.

I remember watching a certain green 5.0 vert wicked launch on the blvd and slip and slide sideways in the middle of the street...Oh man that was the craziest thing I think I've ever seen!

Yea lol that cop was cool I think I had a full slick on that night he was like are them tires legal? I said sure they have a DOT# on them lol. Good times Mike! Hope to be back out next spring or early summer.

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:10 pm 
Eigth mile

Man, i just looked at Youtube for some OLD Philly racing and the oldest seems to be mid 90's, That's not old..

And 95% of the videos shot have no idea what real street racing is/was, There isn't even any real cars in them, Very Sad.. :frown5:

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:16 pm 
Pimp Status

I remember catching a race leaving old man Ray's car show on the BLVD. 355 camaro on my right, N20 Capri on my left. Anyone remeber how that turned out???? :devil:

KOP prove me wrong :)

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 pm 
60ft

mike wrote:
I remember catching a race leaving old man Ray's car show on the BLVD. 355 camaro on my right, N20 Capri on my left. Anyone remeber how that turned out???? :devil:

We raced more than once that night my friend! I know I took one of them...:)

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 pm 
60ft

Sweet! Yeah we need to get together one of these Sunday's...catch up!

355 CAMARO wrote:
Yea lol that cop was cool I think I had a full slick on that night he was like are them tires legal? I said sure they have a DOT# on them lol. Good times Mike! Hope to be back out next spring or early summer.

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next