GoneDragRacing.com

Top Notch Drag Racing Event Coverage Across the Northeast

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 8/7/2009 Lebanon Valley Dragway Night of Fire
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:00 am 
Pimp Status

Image Image Image Image Image

It was good to be back to Lebanon Valley Dragway after a devastating flood about two weeks ago submerged most of the facility along with many racers' trailers and RV's. Howard Commander, track owner, spared no expense in getting the facility back to top shape, and as you'll see in the photos, all of his efforts paid off. The track was hookin', the stands were packed, and the fans enjoyed an awesome night of jets, wheelstanders, fireworks, and doorslammer drag racing.

Image Hannah Motorsports was out for the second time this week with their funny cars, the First Strike driven by Rich Hannah, and the Top Secret funny car driven by Ken Hall. As always, "Ken's Brother" Mike was in the house taking care of the crew responsibilities, and Al Hannah, team owner, was there as well, celebrating his birthday. The crowd was treated to three passes from the Hannah cars, along with it, some ridiculous fire shows and burner pops. Also racing jets was "Team Steam" in their jet-powered dragsters, done up like locomotives, complete with train horns!

ImageThe Super Shockwave Jet Truck made two appearences at the starting line, the crowd on their feet each time! This beast pushes out about 25,000 horsepower out of twin J-34 jets, while flames shoot out of the stacks all the way down the 1320. If you ever get a chance to see this truck in person, we highly recommend you take the opportunity!

Nate Pritchett was in the house, promoting the upcoming Outlaw Shootout Series coming to LVD on August 22nd-23rd. He dropped the bomb that if you hold a night of fire ticket stub, spectator entry to the Shootout series is only $10. Awesome!

We'd like to thank Sue Bell and the LVD staff for having us at their track! Sue is truly one of the friendliest drag strip managers on the east coast!

Visit the photo gallery here

We got some neat shots of the Super Shockwave Jet truck, I thought I'd share higher resolution images with everyone! You can download them here

GoneDragRacing.com Gallery

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:47 pm 

Post subject: Re: 8/7/2009 Lebanon Valley Dragway Night of Fire
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:47 pm 
60ft

Great pics. But where are the boats ?

RIP LEO, SUE,Mike

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 8/7/2009 Lebanon Valley Dragway Night of Fire
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:30 pm 
Pimp Status

BX8 wrote:
Great pics. But where are the boats ?

haha!! They dropped some coin up there and everything is back to normal.. amazing stuff :driving:

GoneDragRacing.com Gallery

Post details Warn user
 Profile E-mail